Monday 9 July 2007

While I was 6 years,! You know I am the youngest in the family...!? sometimes fun, some times its pain....
My eldest sister- she learnt tailoring, it was the start of our academic year..We all fancy wearing new uniform to school. I too had the same dream dutring that year..!. At home we were all so proud that my sister has learnt to stitch dress... ( I was the first victim) she ventured into stitching my school uniform. As you know, we all helped her by getting the paper cutting for pattern, getting the right coloured thread, uniform fabric... It was getting late as I had to go to school the next day after my vaccation and as a kid I kicked off to bed early . Next day with all dreams and aspirations , i was asked to wear the uniform and to my shock the short's pocket were to the reverse .. can you imagine for a kid going to school that to with habits of pocketting things for the promenade to school... and at the school, whilst I tried to show something to my friends trying to fiddle in the pocket in the wrong direction for others, as I was wearing the new uniform shorts stitched by my beloved sister.... though embrassed then.. came home crying and refusing to wear it anymore... I had no option but to wear it until it worn out..
After 35 years... for my kids I am getting them uniform ready made.. I only regrett that my kids miss those kind of experience... with fun and laughter....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

gr8 blog...as i was reading my memories went back to the same school days..the one that came as a flash now was the incident happened when i was 12 years(i guess).As i was looking the gr8 lake from my house top i could notice two kites swinging so well..as i traced that back i saw my next street ANNA(may be he is 28+ years ) and his frenz was putting what is called maanja to the thread and i was so curious to go and have a try to fly the kite atleast once.. as i had never dont it before...I walked in to thier home top and was watching it so close by as they were playing games between them..i was just waiting for hrs if they could give me a chance to hold that thread ..as they called me atlast to hold that..(as they r tired) i just heared a loud voice RAJAAAAAAAAA.........from my mom holding a big hard stick in her hand..shouting at me to come down..as i missed my chance and ran down she was beating me on the road till i reach my house and scoliong that only bad rogs do all those kite flying etc.if i see again..i will kill u etc .......as those guys were watching (embrassing moment)..

Hmmm now if i look back ..it was so funny..and atlasti had my wish to fly a kite fulfilled few months back when i went to kerala trip with my frenz.i asked my frenz to Record that flying scene..they were laughing..hmm only i knew..how much beating went through and how many years(28 years) ..took fulfill that wish..i had..